On your first visit, we will give you a Notice of Privacy Practices that provides information about how we may use and disclose protected health information about you. The Notice contains a Patient Rights section describing your rights under the law.
A copy of thìs Notice can be found in the reception area. If you would like to have a copy to take home with you, we will be happy to provide you with one. The terms of our Notice may change. If we change our Notice, you may obtain a revised copy by contacting our office and the revisions will be posted here as well.
You have the right to request that we restrict how protected health information about you is used or disclosed for treatment, payment or health care operations. We are not required to agree to this restriction, but if we do, we shall honor that agreement.
The Practice provides this form to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
The patient understands that:
• Protected health information may be disclosed or used for treatment, payment or health care operations.
• The Practice has a Notice of Privacy Practices and that the patient has the opportunity to review this Notice,
• The Practice reserves the right to change the Notice of Privacy Policies.
• The patient has the right to restrict the uses of their information but the Practice does not have to agree to those restrictions.
• The patient may revoke this Consent in writing at any time and all future disclosures will then cease.